Breast Cancer Overview
The following graphs provide an overview of performance and quality along the breast cancer care continuum.
Overall, Ontario’s cancer system as a whole is performing well on breast cancer care compared with other jurisdictions nationally and internationally. For highlights of bright spots and opportunities to help focus efforts in improving the quality of care delivery for people with breast cancer, see Breast Cancer in Ontario.
Future editions of the Cancer System Quality Index will include additional breast cancer indicators (see Indicators Under Development) to ensure the index is robust and fully represents a high-performing cancer system.
- Diagnosed within the past 10 years
- Age standardized 5-year relative survival ratio
- Breast cancer screening (mammogram) participation
- Positive predictive value of breast cancer screening
- Breast cancer screening diagnostic interval
- Unplanned ED visits or readmissions after surgery
- Symptom screens with at least 1 moderate or severe symptom
|Room for improvement|
Indicators without ratings
For more information on indicator ratings and approach, including indicators without ratings, see Highlights: Cancer System Performance in Ontario, 2020.