Lung Cancer Overview
The following graphs provide an overview of performance and quality along the lung cancer care continuum.
Overall, Ontario’s cancer system as a whole is performing well on lung cancer care compared with other jurisdictions nationally and internationally. For highlights of bright spots and opportunities to help focus efforts in improving the quality of care delivery for people with lung cancer, see Lung Cancer in Ontario.
Future editions of the Cancer System Quality Index will include additional lung cancer indicators (see Indicators Under Development) to ensure the index is robust and fully represents a high-performing cancer system.
- Diagnosed within the past 10 years
- Age standardized 5-year relative survival ratio
- Unplanned ED visits or readmissions after surgery
- Proportion of stage 1 patients resected
- 30 day post-surgery
- 90 day post-surgery
- Symptom screens with at least 1 moderate or severe symptom
|Room for improvement|
Indicators without ratings
For more information on indicator ratings and approach, including indicators without ratings, see Highlights: Cancer System Performance in Ontario, 2019.